In preparation for writing your report to senior management next week, conduct the following descriptive statistics analyses with Microsoft® Excel®. Answer the questions below in your Microsoft® Excel® sheet.
This assignment must be submitted as a Single Sheet Excel page!
In preparation for writing your report to senior management next week, conduct the following descriptive statistics analyses with Excel®. Answer the questions below in your Excel sheet:
1. Insert a new column in the database that corresponds to “Annual Sales.” Annual Sales is the result of multiplying a restaurant’s “SqFt.” by “Sales/SqFt.”
2. Calculate the mean, standard deviation, skew, and interquartile range (IQR) for each of the variables. (These should be at the bottom of the data set corresponding to each variable)
3. Create a boxplot for the “Annual Sales” variable. Does it look symmetric? Would you prefer the IQR instead of the standard deviation to describe this variable’s dispersion? Why?
4. Create a histogram for the “Sales/SqFt” variable. Is the distribution symmetric? If not, what is the skew? Are there any outliers? If so, which one(s)? What is the “SqFt” area of the outlier(s)? Is the outlier(s) smaller or larger than the average restaurant in the database? What can you conclude from this observation?
5. What measure of central tendency is more appropriate to describe “Sales/SqFt”? Why?
Note: To write the verbiages of your assignment, please use a single text box on the excel page and type your responses. Please see the example I attached below. If you have any questions, please ask not in a private message but in the course question section because my response to your question may help other students also.