As technology advances, so do the ways that social workers can connect with clients. Is it acceptable to look at a client’s activities on social media or seek information through an internet search? Should a social worker allow clients to contact them by text or e-mail? How does a social worker’s personal social media presence influence the worker/client relationship?
Consider the presence of dual relationships in social work practice. What are examples of non harmful and harmful dual relationships between clients and workers? How do social workers determine if dual relationships are harmful to a client?
Your Instructor will post a social work ethical dilemma related to a current event.
· Describe a specific ethical dilemma based on one of the options above.
· Describe the ethical issues in the option chosen.
o Identify specific values or ethical standards that apply.
· Identify who is likely to be affected by the ethical dilemma.
· Describe potential courses of action.
· Examine reasons in favor of or opposed to the course of action.