Emerging Threats & Countermease
Research a company or organization and their Cyber Security Plan to address 3-5 specific issues from the following list.
1. Technologies- What might be the effects of not using encryption on network or Internet traffic?
2. Create a plan for the implementation of secure (encrypted) e-mail in an organization.
3. Evaluate biometric controls: You want to install a biometric access control outside of a restricted room in your facility. You are considering a retina pattern system and a voice recognition system.
4. Develop a plan to deploy public key infrastructure (PKI) and encryption solutions to protect data and information.
5. Identify countermeasures to minimize company information exposure on social networking sites. What are the steps or countermeasures you would recommend minimizing the level of information exposure? Passwords and Social Networking: Compare and contrast password strength versus a password manager.
6. Evaluate port scanning countermeasures- You are evaluating port scanning countermeasures to help prevent an attacker from acquiring information about your network. The options you are considering are the deny-all approach, firewall testing, and security awareness.
7. Analyze a set of security risks and determine the appropriate physical, technical, and administrative controls to protect against those risks.
8. develop a plan for a business that needs to upgrade its video surveillance system. Research the various types of cameras, viewing, and recording equipment available, and develop a detailed plan for camera placement, image retention, and monitoring.
9. Develop a disaster recovery plan.
10. Develop cyber security awareness program
Describe the company, their Cyber Security Plan, and the issues while including recommendations to improve issues.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
Be approximately four pages in length, not including the required cover page and reference page.
Follow APA 7 guidelines. Your paper should include an introduction, a body with fully developed content, and a conclusion.
Support your answers with the readings from the course and at least two scholarly journal articles to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to your textbook. The Google scholar is a great place to find resources.
Be clearly and well-written, concise, and logical, using excellent grammar and style techniques. You are being graded in part on the quality of your writing.