Nurses are well positioned for reforming health care in ways that promote a healthier public and reduce healthcare cost.
Discussion Topic: Nurses are well positioned for reforming health care in ways that promote a healthier public and reduce healthcare cost.
Discuss the role nurse plays, in COVID vaccination mandate, telemedicine, and prescription drug pricing as advocates in the healthcare system.
Select one Student Learning Outcomes from the following list and provides an explanation of how the selected Student Learning Outcomes is explored or related to the Discussion Topic.
1. Point out the impact of economic, political, and legal and ethical issues on the development and evolution of health care policies.
2. Determine the effects of healthcare policy on nursing roles and healthcare delivery.
3. Examine the development of health care policies at the legislative level.
4. Relate the role of the nurse leader as a driver of policy reform.
5. Interpret research, bringing the nursing perspective, for policy makers and stakeholders.
6. Promote policies that incorporate ethical principles and standards for the use of health and information technologies.
7. Advocate for patients, families, caregivers, communities, and members of the healthcare team.
The discussion must address the topic
Rationale must be provided
May use examples from your nursing practice
Formatted and cited in current APA 7
Use 3 academic sources, not older than 5 years. Not Websites are allowed.
Plagiarism is NOT permitted