1. Should college athletes be paid to play?
2. Use the information you have gathered from research to state your claim in a single sentence.
3. What would the other side say to your claim? Use the information you have gathered from research to write the counterclaim in a single sentence.
4. Using what you learned in the lesson, write an effective hook to introduce your topic and get your audience’s attention. Write in complete sentences and state the hook strategy you chose to use.
5. Write an effective bridge of 2—4 sentences to connect your hook to your thesis statement. Write only the bridge for this question.
6. Write the thesis statement for your argument using the combined counterclaim / claim pattern you learned.