Your presentation must include all of the elements listed below, so be sure to address each point. You may also want to review the performance-level descriptions for each criterion in the scoring guide to see how your work will be assessed:
1. Determine why you are embarking on this strategic planning process.
2. Analyze the difference between strategic management, strategic thinking, strategic planning, and managing strategic momentum.
3. Justify the analytical tool that will be the most effective in helping the organization achieve its strategic plan; support proposal with example of how it will be used.
4. Examine the three internal and three external factors that you discovered during your research that could be barriers to the success of your proposed strategic plan; discuss solutions to each of the barriers.
5. Examine the most effective manner of reaching the specific segments of the market that your organization’s strategic plan will target.
6. Evaluate how well the strategic plan you have developed aligns with the organization’s mission and vision. Recommend at least one solution to track the effectiveness of your strategic plan.
7. Use at least three quality academic resources.
Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library
1. Meet requirements for clarity, writing mechanics, and formatting.
Your 10-slide PowerPoint presentation should follow this format:
Slide 1: Cover Slide
· Include the title of your presentation, your name, the course number and course title, your professor’s name, the university’s name, and the date.
Slide 2: Background/Executive Summary Use Bullet Points
· The title of this slide should be Executive Summary.
· Describe the details of the situation.
· Use bullets with short phrases.
Slide 3: Thesis Statement What are you proposing and why is it needed?
· The title of this slide should be Thesis Statement.
· Identify the focus of your research.
Slides 4–9: Support
· Support your thesis statement following the SESC formula: state, explain, support, and conclude. (Use Sublevel 1 and 2 Headings to provide coherence and organization.)
· Provide in-text citations using the format in the Strayer Writing Standards. In text citations go in speaker notes area not on the slides.
· Slides should be concise—ï»¿basically no more than seven bullets per slide and no more than seven words per bullet.
· Most information in a PowerPoint presentation should be contained within the notes section.
Slide 10: References
· Locate at least three peer-reviewed journal articles to support your work. For example, to identify clinical quality that does not compare to other hospitals, see the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
· Use Strayer Writing Standards format for your references.
Note: Refer to the instructions and PowerPoint resources in the Week 5 Assignment Preparation for support in completing this assignment.