Topic 7 ( The War on 1812)
HIS-144 T7: AMERICA AT WAR
Directions: Using resources from the Topic 7 Readings, including your textbook, materials provided by your instructor through class discussion, and materials from the GCU Library Guide for HIS-144 US History Themes, respond to the five questions below. Answer the questions on this worksheet regarding the war assigned to you by your instructor. Each answer should be a minimum of 100-200 words.
The overall assignment must include three to five relevant scholarly sources in support of your content.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Wikipedia, Ask.com, ehow.com and other online information sites, encyclopedias, or dictionaries are not considered university academic sources and are NOT TO BE USED.
1. What were the causes of the war? What attempts were made beforehand to prevent war?
2. Describe the general course of the war (major battles, leader decisions, significant events). What was the turning point for victory or defeat?
3. How did the home front respond to this war? Discuss some of the opportunities and challenges American society faced during the war.
4. What were the outcomes of the war? Explain the significant changes or results that followed the war.
5. How did this war contribute to the creation of an American Identity?