Food Borne Illnesses Assignment
Some bacteria, protozoa, and viruses that cause foodborne illness are:
● E.coli, Salmonella
● Staphylococcus aureus
● Clostridium botulinum
● Clostridium perfringens
● Hepatitis A.
● Giardia (mainly water)
Select two (2) of the foodborne illnesses listed above and report the following
information for each.
1. Disease name and whether it is a bacteria, protozoa, or virus
2. Type of contamination (infection or intoxication)
3. Infectious pathway
4. Possible sources and foods affected
6. Incubation period
8. Current Statistics, how many affected, where, when etc.
9. Links to an external site.
Include a title page and a reference page.